PDF/Comic Reader Bookman Pro for iPhone app for iPhone and iPad
1648 ratings )
Current version: 3.4
, last update: 1 year ago
First release : 24 May 2011
App size: 18.7 Mb
Bookman Pro is the super fast eBook reader that is optimized for reading scanned PDF and Comic book archive files.
Bookman has been downloaded by more than 750,000 users.
Recommended at the top of the Education and Study section in the book "iPhone Apps the Best II Complete Edition."
Selected as one of the best PDF Readers in TopBestThings.com.
Selected as Editors Choice Comic Reader in iOS app advice.
Selected as Must Have Comic Reader in AppAdvice.com.
- After complete optimization, Bookmans rendering engine turns pages very quickly without any slow downs.
- The handwriting feature allows you to highlight the important parts of sentences, and save it to review later.
- Contains online bookshelves for downloading, uploading, and moving and renaming files on DropBox.
- Full page thumbnails.
- Password lock (Supports both startup and bookshelves)
- Turns pages fast with continuous rapid tapping.
- Fancy bookshelves mode and file list mode
- Customized display layout such as two full page spreads, individual pages and scroll mode on each book.
- The zoom function supports both pinch gesture and double tapping.
- Detailed rendering mode.
- Fast keyword search with the ability to highlight search results. (Supports vertical lines).
- Multiple bookshelves. (Supports layer structures).
- Moving, deleting and renaming files and bookshelves.
- Page Resume feature. (Saves the page when the book is closed)
Supported File Types:
- Supports PDF, ZIP,RAR, CBR, and CBZ.
- Supports graphic file types in compressed files: JPG, PNG, BMP, GIF, TIFF, ICO, CUR and XBM.
- In PDF files, supports menus, links, rotation and crop information.
- Automatic detection of URL from PDF files scanned with OCR software.
- File sharing by email
- Ability to transfer all files at once by FTP
- File sharing by iTunes
- Open files with OpenIn from other applications
- Open other applications with OpenIn from Bookman
- Effects on turning pages (Flip, Slide, and Fade)
- Interface color
- Background color
- Tap zone customization
- URL links display
- Page number display
- Rotation lock
- Customize other features
- The handwriting feature is very useful for studying or reviewing written notes. The pages can be viewed in the order they were highlighted or written on.
Pros and cons of PDF/Comic Reader Bookman Pro for iPhone app for iPhone and iPad
PDF/Comic Reader Bookman Pro for iPhone app good for
This is a great reader, i use it mainly for pdf, cbz, cbr files
clean and comfortable to use!
Great app use it daily. iPad version would be great. Please make iPad version!!
I really like this app but from past few weeks its giving me error message that memory is full. I tried to uninstall and reinstall app but same message again. Please help, I really like features of this app, specially page orientation option one.
Some bad moments
Please add the support folder on My Library too long for push on left button and select the bookshelve ...
But good apps
I dont write reviews often enough, but I felt compelled to write one for this app. not only is the lite version feature packed and stable, but the new pro version manages to top that with even more features, and both now sport a better look to boot. great work, developer!
The best app Ive found for reading comics on the iPhone! Love the dropbox integration.
This app is great for reading my .cbr files. Its stable and zooms fluidly. Its also easy to get content sorted into folders, or bookshelves. The interface takes a little getting used to, but within an hour youll wonder how you lived without this app.
Great program. Works with every comic file I have. I can now enjoy batman comics from the 30s on my iPhone!
I use this strictly for reading my .cbr/.cbz files and it does the job perfectly. Youre able to transfer files using Dropbox and you can also enable FTP in the app, set up a username (and an optional password), then download an FTP program like "Filezilla" and connect to your phones IP address and wirelessly transfer comics to your phone. It works wonders and this is the only way I put my comics on there. The whole reason I went with this app was because I was sick of my iPad comics app only have file transfer through iTunes, it was just a hassle for me.
It looks amazing on the iPhone 4s retina display too (I dont even use my iPad comics app anymore, even though the screen is way larger).
If youre a little unsure of buying the app still, try out the Lite version like I did and test out all of the features. I wanted to make sure I was sold on the app before I bought it just because it had FTP.